Project of media planning for Chiesi
The Chiesi media project
Media planning project for the Chiesi pharmaceutical company
Chiesi is an international group focused on research, able to develop and market innovative therapeutic solutions that shall improve people’s quality of life.
Therapeutic areas covered: respiratory and primary care, neonatal, rare diseases and special care.
Besides this, in these last years also the BU of OTC has developed, introducing some products of great success in addition to the agreement with Marco Antonetto Farmaceutici, which brought under the umbrella of Chiesi a vast portfolio of products for both health and well-being
The market of OTC products is undoubtedly very wide and consists of many branded products that can be freely purchased in pharmacies.
The market of food supplements is even wider; here we find many companies with a huge number of brands for every sort of physical support
The communication of Chiesi focuses on OTC products as well as on food supplements.
The launch of Brexidol made its mark, a compress based on piroxicam, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
• Communicating to the right target the new product
• Providing good claims to the advantage of this product and building reputation
• Positioning the brand in the market of reference, with the aim to rank among the first brands
• Choosing a specific target: people who suffer from occasional or frequent muscle pain, who buy autonomously the pharmacological remedy,
• We analysed the market of reference deeply: competing brands, the means used, the pressure developed on the target, the periods of exposure,
• We analysed the sales data: sell out, sell in and seasonality of consumption, in order to develop a strategy for coverage of the most significant periods in which to communicate,
• It was then developed the strategy with the media goals, and the detailed media planning,
• Also the buying activity was performed,
• Once the planning was completed, we carried out a TV post-evaluation, with the evaluation of the communication results on the target focus.